Sunday, October 23, 2016

Final Trump vs. Clinton Debate 2016

 photo Debate 3.png

And the whole country sighed with relief when it was over.

However, Trump gave a caveat when asked if he would accept the results of the election in November if he loses, as most polls tell us that he will:

Via NPR
When first asked, Trump refused to say yes, replying in part, "I will look at it [the election results] at the time." When pushed on the issue, Trump told Wallace, "I'll keep you in suspense."



Stephen Colbert let him have it on Trump's "suspense":

Oh my God. That's...uh...what's the word?
(Shows tape of Hillary saying "horrifying" during the debate)
That's it! Thank you! Thank you!
(Stephen blows kiss to Hillary/camera - crowd cheers)
I want to make sure I heard that correctly.
(Plays Trump saying "I'll keep you in suspense")
Oh! Oh - Suspense! Democracy's going to end with a cliffhanger. I guess we're all going to have to wait until November 9th to find out if we still have a country! If Donald Trump is in the "mood" for a peaceful transfer of power. Or if he's just going to wipe is fat ass with the Constitution!



The day after the debate, Donald doubled down, saying he would only accept a win, not a loss:

Via NPR
In front of an exuberant crowd Thursday in Delaware, Ohio, Donald Trump again addressed whether he would accept the outcome of the November election.

"Ladies and gentleman I want to make a major announcement today," Trump said, continuing, "I would like to promise and pledge to all of my voters and supporters, and to all of the people of the United States, that I will totally accept the results of this great and historic presidential election - if I win"



































No comments:

Post a Comment