Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Isla Vista Shooting ~ Misogyny and Gun Lust (Just Like GOP)

 photo rodger.jpg

The Isla Vista, California, shooting was shocking not just for the senseless killing of six young people, but for the chilling motive of the equally young murderer, Elliot Rodger. In his "Manifesto," Rodger explains his vendetta against all the women who ever ignored or rejected him, as well as his anger at his three "irritating" roommates, all Asians, whom he stabbed to death. Rodger's egomania and Narcissism is evident in both his videos and his writing, and his hatred of women is creepy and maniacal.

It would be easy to just label him a mentally-ill Sociopath like many of the other shooters and just move along. But Elliot Rodger's attitudes are all-too-familiar for anyone who has followed politics since 2008. He basically shares many of the same values of the macho NRA and GOP: the #BundyRanch NRA neanderthals who gladly used women and children as human shields; the #OpenCarry movement that is pushing "Guns Everywhere" bills and invading meetings by the group Moms Demand Action; as well as the #TeaParty of Paul Ryan and Bob McDonnell who want to probe pregnant women with 9-inch wands and force them to have babies with rapists.

Heck, if Rodger hadn't burned out early, he could have been their next leader!









From New Republic
It’s time to call misogynist extremism by its name.
On Friday night, a young man went on a massacre in Santa Barbara that left six other people dead and seven injured. In the hours before the massacre, the suspect, 22-year-old Elliot Rodger, had uploaded a video to YouTube titled “Retribution.” In this, and in a 140-page manifesto published online, Rodger claimed that he was going to prove himself the ultimate “alpha male” and take revenge on all the “sluts” who had sexually rejected him:
"Tomorrow is the day of retribution, the day in which I will have my revenge ... you girls aren't attracted to me, but I will punish you all for it. I’ll take great pleasure in slaughtering all of you. You will finally see that I am in truth the superior one, the true alpha male.”

Transcript of Elliot Rodger's Last Video via San Jose Mercury News
You girls have never been attracted to me. I don't know why you girls aren't attracted to me, but I will punish you all for it. It's an injustice, a crime, because ... I don't know what you don't see in me. I'm the perfect guy and yet you throw yourselves at these obnoxious men instead of me, the supreme gentleman.

I will punish all of you for it. (laughs) On the day of retribution I'm going to enter the hottest sorority house of UCSB. And I will slaughter every spoiled, stuck-up, blond slut I see inside there. All those girls I've desired so much, they would have all rejected me and looked down upon me as an inferior man if I ever made a sexual advance towards them (scoffs) while they throw themselves at these obnoxious brutes. I'll take great pleasure in slaughtering all of you.

You will finally see that I am in truth the superior one. The true alpha male. (laughs) Yes. After I've annihilated every single girl in the sorority house, I will take to the streets of Isla Vista and slay every single person I see there. All those popular kids who live such lives of hedonistic pleasures while I've had to rot in loneliness for all these years. They've all looked down upon me every time I tried to go out and join them, they've all treated me like a mouse.

. . . You've forced me to suffer all my life and now I'll force you all to suffer. I've waited a long time for this. I'll give you exactly what you deserve. All of you. All you girls who rejected me and looked down upon me and you know, treated me like scum while you gave yourselves to other men. And all of you men, for living a better life than me, all of you sexually active men, I hate you. I hate all of you. I can't wait to give you exactly what you deserve Utter annihilation. (laughs).








~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SC Wingnut Todd Kincannon













~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joe the Plumber



Samuel "Joe The Plumber" Wurzelbacher Open Letter to Parents of Isla Vista Victims
I’m not talking here about the three tragic murders Rodger committed by stabbing before his driving and shooting spree; I speak now only to the families of the gunshot victims in Santa Barbara:
It’s a tragedy.
I am sorry you lost your child. I myself have a son and daughter and the one thing I never want to go through, is what you are going through now. But:

As harsh as this sounds – your dead kids don’t trump my Constitutional rights.

Richard Martinez, whose son (Christopher) was among the murdered, choked back tears at a news conference, blaming politicians the next day: “The talk about gun rights. What about Chris’ right to live?” Martinez said – and much more.
There are no critical words for a grieving father. He can say whatever he wants and blame whoever he’d like – it’s okay by me. You can’t take a step in his shoes – at least I can’t.

But the words and images of Mr. Martinez blaming “the proliferation of guns”, lobbyists, politicians, etc.; will be exploited by gun-grab extremists as are all tragedies involving gun violence and the mentally ill by the anti-Second Amendment Left.












No comments:

Post a Comment