Friday, March 1, 2013

Threat Level Midnight ~ Bob Woodward Afraid of Coded Threat from White House

 photo tumblr_lqd154E9oQ1qarclzo1_500.gif


From New York Mag
Woodard reiterated that he never said he felt threatened, and resisted Sean Hannity's efforts to get him to say that the White House is lying, or accusing him of being a liar. "I'm not going to use words like that," said Woodward.
However, he went on to explain that he still thinks there was something sinister about Sperling's apologetic note. "The problem I have with the Gene Sperling email — and this comes after a shouting match, lot's of people shout at me — he's says I'm going to 'regret.' That goes into the coded, 'you better watch out,'" Woodward said. But to be clear, he still hasn't uttered the word "threat."



From Business Insider: David Axelrod Versus Woodward on Morning Joe
"I know what intimidation is. And Bob, the headline in the Washington Post, your newspaper, was that 'Woodward said he was threatened by the White House,'" Axelrod said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" today. "... But when the full emails came out, they were as cordial as can be. His email was cordial, and your response was cordial."

"So if you felt threatened," Axelrod continued, "why didn't you say to Gene, 'Don't threaten me?'"



"No, I did not feel threatened," Woodward responded. "What I have said, David — come on, you are putting words in my mouth. I said I don't think this is the way to operate. And you and I have had many discussions. You've never said to me, 'Oh, you're going to regret doing that.' Am I correct?"

Axelrod said that Sperling and Woodward were having a "specific discussion about a specific point."

"And by the way, I'm not putting words in your mouth, Bob. It's your newspaper that said you said you were threatened," Axelrod said.

 photo tumblr_lqd154E9oQ1qarclzo2_500.gif



Good evening, I was threatened. Well, not threatened. I felt threatened. I mean, I could have felt threatened. At first I didn't feel threatened, then I did, but I don't know why.
~ Craig2 on Huff Post

-Was he trying to give the GOP cover on the sequestor?
-Was he trying to insert himself into the story?
-Was he trying to create a mini-gate to become more relevant?
-Was he playing partisan whiny politics?
-Was he playing victim?
-Was he trying to give himself cover for claiming the President initiated the sequestor?
The answer is yes.
~ HolyCowBatman on Huff Post

He tweeks his story just a little bit everyday. It seems to have gone from a hostile threat, to a warning and then to coded language. By next week it will have turned into an invitation to play a couple of rounds of golf.
~ nikki717 on Huff Post

Woodward was trying to create some excitement for himself. Most people want to end their career on a high note, looks like he's determined to take the fool's road.
~ Texian Life on Huff Post

Bob is the old Guy who keeps talking about the 3 touchdowns he scored in the High School Homecoming game.
~ LabRodent on Wonkette

I was threatened by a sign I saw today that said "Caution: Wet Floor"
What? Wet with my blood? Why do I have to be cautious? Is that a threat?
Finally somebody had to pull me away from the sign.
~ Iburl on Wonkette

Woodward hit the journalistic version of the Life Call button too many times.
"My career has fallen and it can't get up!"
~ John Birf Society on Wonkette

If you’ve been keeping up with The Perils of Bobline, when we last left Bob Woodward, he was tied up and left on the railroad tracks by the evil Snidely Obama who threatened him that if he didn’t pay the mortgage, he would foreclose on his publishing house and let the train run over him.
In response, Bobline cried out in a high pitch, “Help! Help! Oh please, someone help poor little growing irrelevant me!”
But it was too late, the train of media opinion ran over the melodramatic Bobline and his professional credibility was killed.
~ PlanetPOV.com

 photo 75lwvm.jpg
source













No comments:

Post a Comment