Sunday, June 10, 2012

Rand Paul in the Libertarian Woodshed for Endorsing Romney


Pic Via The Anti Statist on Tumblr


My first choice had always been my father. I campaigned for him when I was 11-years-old. He's still my first pick, but now that the nominating process is over, tonight I'm happy to announce that I'm going to be supporting Governor Mitt Romney.
~ Rand Paul on the Sean Hannity Show, Fox News




~~~~~~~~~~~~


... no true libertarian, no true friend of liberty, and no true blue Tea Partier could possibly even consider, much less actually endorse or approve of, the Father of Obamacare, Big Government tax and spender, Republican Mitt Romney. Especially the son of Ron Paul, who has no excuse
~ Libertarian Party Press Release

Ron Paul is Thomas Jefferson.
Rand Paul is Benedict Arnold.
~ Blaseboniface on The Daily Paul

I can almost hear those 30 pieces of silver clanking in his purse!
~ comment by holbrook on Daily Paul

Epic Fail. Very sad that Rand would not follow his father's example and stand for principle even if it meant being ignored... I guess he prefers to be on the Dork Hannity show rather than stick to the founding principles.
~ comment by hadabazinka on Daily Paul

What kind of son endorses the arch political enemy of his father?
RAND PAUL. Dude, thats just plain, down right freaking screwed up Rand.
comment by babagump on Daily Paul

Rand sold his soul to the War Party. The banksters just checkmated us.
~ comment by Gus Flory

does rand look like crap here or what? seems drugged/sedated or something. or maybe you just get uglier when you turn evil?
~ comment by akira on Daily Paul

Is it just me...Or does Rand look like in the beginning of the interview that he is about to do something that he doesn't want to do? You think he was forced to say this for some reason? Because his reasons for "supporting" which is a vague term to me are really lame (such as families are similar??) and one is inaccurate about romney supporting the audit of the fed. I just wonder if he is being framed, bullied, or something else.
~ comment by WinRonPaul on Daily Paul

The 1st thing that came to my mind.
"I know it was you, Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart!"
~ comment by Stevecampbell76 on Daily Paul

I want my campaign donation back from Rand Paul! I am sick! Rand Paul just made a deal with the Devil! I will NEVER support Rand ever again! He is now a coercionist, jingoist and neoconservative. Sad day for the cause of liberty!
~ comment by atticus on Daily Paul

*keanu conspiracy face* What if Rand endorsed Romney in order to get the VP position and basically infiltrate the GOP's higher ranks? What if Rand does a complete reversal against Romney if they are elected? We don't know what's going on in his head and I don't believe that Ron and Carol Paul would produce a "Liberty Judas". But I guess, like the eternal struggle Christ talked about, as well as the Revolutionary and Civil Wars, fathers will be divided from the sons.
I can't even fathom this right now, unless the above is true. :(
~ comment by Callisto on Daily Paul

I was under the suspicion that Rand may betray his father and us because he was supported by Neo-cons like Sarah Palin and Mike Huckabee in his Senatorial race in Kentucky. And we all know that if you're endorsed by establishment goons like those, you'll almost certain turn out like them....
~ comment by Reimu on Daily Paul

We, the Liberty Live Stream Team, after hearing about Rand's defection to the dark side (on Hannity no less!) felt like (after interviewing Jordan Page and cheering RP at the Texas Liberty Rally tonight) we were just punched in the gut and then stabbed in the back and kicked in the face. This goes against everything we've learned from the voice of liberty. Romney is a flip-flopping, banker-backed liar. We will not bend; we will now bow to tyranny from any party and we're NOT FOR SALE. Goodbye Rand. You have abandoned PRINCIPLE.
~ comment by scarcelysaved on Daily Paul

Republican or Replicant - It is like Rand also fell asleep and his Pod took over...
~ comment by mikoni on Daily Paul

If Ron Paul endorses Romney, I am calling America lost to never be recovered again - in a way he really is the last leg of confidence America has. And he represents and entire generation that can bring America back. I think this would all collapse if he goes to the dark side.
~ comment by Old West on Daily Paul

Oh my! The son of the libertarian god has strayed. Of course his daddy's cult will be outraged.
~ comment by JuanLiberal on Raw Story









No comments:

Post a Comment